Friday, January 28, 2011

A quick update before I'm off on vacation

I had planned to have a nice blog update posted.  Since I'm slightly (that's a lie) stressed I doubt that I'm sucessful with that.We're in the middle of the last bit of packing. Tomorrow morning we have to bring the dogs to our aunt and uncle, then we're taking the train to Melbourne and flying out to New Zealand...for 6 weeks.  We're really looking forward to that. Lots of hiking is planned.

We're trying to get phonecards and internet there, but I am not sure how much time there will be to surf the internet. I will try to follow all your blogs, but no clue if I will have the time for that. Mike and I will share one laptop. I will also try if I can update my blog ....but again...not sure.

Of course there will be some stitchy stuff following me to New Zealand. Taking 3 LHN ornaments to stitch and a kit I have around since ages. Name just slipped.Plus some wool.

 Let me see what are the updates ...(insert here picture of stressed woman who tries to remember what she did the last week and can't get it together easily. Ha...now I remember. I made couple of ornaments.

Christmas Robin
Designer: The Victoria Sampler (Cathy Jean)
JCS ornament issue 2010
Fabric: self dyed Cashel Crystal linen
Fibers: DMC, WDW, Threadgather Silk n Color,
Stitched byfor Lisette
 
Peace on Earth
Designer Blue Ribbon Designs
JCS ornament issue 2010
Fabric: Belfast Country Cream
Fibers: recommended Weeks Dye Work
Stitched for Carol

Falala
Designer LHN
Fabric Belfast Light Mocha
Fibers DMC
Stitched for myself :)


Planning to stitch all the LHN ornaments from 2010 and 2011 and hopefully 2 per month. One of the serie I won't stitch because Kathy did stitch one for me already, which is now proudly hanging on my ornament tree. But there was a second skater in this years ornament issue which brings the amount again to 12.
Made a start at "Red House in Winter" . Although the red is very very dark. But lovely. This one will have a nice vacation too in New Zealand. :)

And lastly I also did a couple of stitches into "Amsterdam" Sadly I cannot take this one with me :(


Hopefully I didn't forget anything. I will miss you all dearly. Waving you all a good bye and if you don't hear a thing from me...I'm probably climbing a mountain, or glacier...or somewhere stuck in the middle of nowhere...lol. But whatever it will be...it will be lovely!!!

24 comments:

Sally said...

Beautiful ornaments, Gabi, and love your WIPs. I have Red House in Winter to stitch sometime!

Have a fantastic trip. Safe journey!

Angie said...

Love amsterdam. Have a great time.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your ornaments are beautiful. Have a wonderful vacation.

Cindy's Stitching said...

You did some great pieces. Enjoy your trip. You are so blessed.

the striped rose said...

Have a great time on your vacation!!!

Kathy said...

Your ornaments are just fabulous!! I love the robin best. :)

Have a wonderful vacation. Do lots of fun stuff and take lots of photos! Wow, 6 weeks to explore and relax. Now stop stressing and enjoy. :)

Unknown said...

Lovely ornaments Gabi and Amsterdam is looking fabulous.
Enjoy your holiday!

Giovanna said...

Lovely stitching as always, Gabi! I hope you have a wonderful time in New Zealand, it sounds like you've got great plans.

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Oh, my Goodness how lovely Gabi my dear!!! 6 weeks away in New Zealand to de-stress and have fun with your hubby! I did not realise it was already time for you to venture forth on your adventures... I do hope you have the most Wonderful time Hun!!! You must go by where they filmed Lord of the Rings and I do belive they are filming The Hobbit there now and tell me how it looks... and do take some pics if they will let you! :)

Your stitching is just Beautiful!!! I so love that Robin and I have to stitch her soon... it's one of my very favourite ornaments out of all the issues combined! And have you seen her other ones released in leaflets... She has Button Up Birdies 1 ~ which has a cardinal and a chickadee and Button Up Birdies 2 was just released and it has a Tree Sparrow and Whiskey Jack ~ must have them! They are all lovely! :) All three of your ornaments are simply Beautiful, my Dear... you've been so busy! And I want to stitch all the LHN ornies as well... and I do so love that Red House in Winter!

Amsterdam is just Gorgeous and I know you are going to miss stitching on it... can't wait to see more of this beauty upon your return!

Oh, do have the loveliest stress-free adventures Hun... I will miss you my dear and you'll be in my thoughts! Take care, have fun and be safe and stitch!

Blessings and love in stitches...
Lizzy
xox'

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautiful ornaments and enjoy your trip!

Carol's Stitching said...

Have a wonderful time and a safe trip! Your ornaments are beautifully stitched and wonderfully finished! Looking forward to your updates on your trip and stitching and most of all just enjoy yourself!

Blu said...

Lovely ornies. The Robin is so pretty!

Have a great trip~

Carol said...

Six weeks in New Zealand sounds heavenly, Gabi! Enjoy your away time :)

Your ornaments are all so pretty--especially the little robin.

Carol said...

I love my reindeer ornament Gabi - thank you so much!

Meari said...

Beautiful finishes, Gabi.

I'm really loving Amsterdam... Gorgeous!

Have a fabuous time in NZ. I am jealous! 6 weeks, wow!

Julianne said...

Gabi,

You really did get a lot of stitching done while watching tennis! Everything is so lovely.

I hope you have a very safe and happy holiday in New Zealand. From pictures that I have seen, it looks like one of the most beautiful places on the globe. I can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Nancy M said...

I missed your send off as I was at my parents house. I hope you have a fantastic and relaxing time during your 6 weeks away. Your stitching and finishing is awesome as well!!! Have a wonderful time!

Stitching Noni said...

Have a wonderful and safe holiday in NZ :-)
See you when you get back

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Justflo said...

Have a great holiday....Love your ornies. The finishes on them are lovely.




wizzybuff

Siobhán said...

Fantastic finishes and WIPs!! Enjoy your trip, Gabi!

Aussie Stitcher said...

You have probably already left. Have a wonderful holiday Gabi.

Nessa G. said...

Oh, I hope you're having loads of fun right now! Enjoy.

Amanda said...

I love your ornaments. I haven't tried my hand at any yet, but yours are inspiring me!

Evelyne said...

Have a nice time! New Zealand is wonderful.By the way I love the colours from the Amsterdam stitching.
Have a nice time!
kind regards,
Evelyne